To our extended Michael’s Family:
I would like to take a moment and update our community regarding Michael’s Appliance Center operations going forward.
As an essential operation servicing and maintaining appliances for group homes and medical offices, Michael’s Appliance Center will remain open as a critical component of day-to-day operations for those in need. This means we will continue to provide field-service to our customers on a Priority-of-Need basis. Priority-of-Need consists of inoperable refrigerators, cooking, laundry, and in some cases air conditioning.
We will not be servicing dishwashers for residential customers at this time. On a positive note, washing dishes by hand is another way of washing your hands…win-win! We also won’t be taking on any cosmetic work.
Yes, we will take care of EVERY service issue as the current restrictions are eased and public safety concerns level off. It will take some time for this to happen, however rest assured we will get it all done.
That said, I take very seriously the health and well-being of everyone and will be implementing the following changes while continuing operations:
- 1. Beginning Monday, March 23, 2020 our showroom floor will be closed to the public. If there is an overriding reason for a customer to need to come in the showroom, it will be by appointment only. For our employee’s safety and yours, only one person from the public will be allowed in the building at any one time. Please do not show up to the store without prior approval and have received confirmation to come in; unfortunately, you will be turned away.
- 2. Our phones are fully staffed. Some of the staff are working remotely and do not have access to inventory and other on-site material. This will delay every department in responding to the increase in calls. Sales, Parts and Service calls will be answered and responded to as quickly as possible, but please understand we may not be able to answer calls immediately. Leave a message and we WILL get back to you. Please refrain from calling multiple times as that delays our ability to respond to all calls.
- 3. Our parts department will remain open, but since the showroom will be closed to the public, customers must call the store to place their order and pay for it over the phone. We will get your order together and when you arrive at the store we will bring your order out to you.
- 4. We will continue to deliver appliances as part of the critical supply chain. We ask our customers to take every precaution possible to stay clear from our delivery team while they are in your home. We need them to stay healthy and we certainly don’t want our customers falling ill either.
- 5. We will continue to bring in critical product such as freezers and refrigerators as they become available. With the immediate demand of need, the supply chain has been stressed but is still working with some delays. We will get there.
Michael’s Appliance Center commitment to everyone starts with me; I will do everything in my power to safely and reasonably tend to every one of our customers while protecting my Michael’s family here at the store.
We are all in this together, and together we will all come through this just fine.
I invite everyone to strike up conversation on our Facebook page to pass the time; share some recipes, ideas for things to do with the kids while they are home. Keep it clean, productive, and engaging. Have some fun while we wait this out.
Stay safe, stay calm… and know Michael’s Appliance is here for you if you need us.
Thank you for being part of the Michael’s Family.